I'm very excited to announce our first OpenStack Israel event on Wednesday the 30th of May in Petach Tikva in collaboration with the IGT Cloud and Rackspace. Since Avner Algom and myself started to work on the event a few months ago I was positively surprised to see the amount of local innovation and work that is already taking place here at Israel in this space. As I write this post, it looks like we’re getting close to 200 registrations, and all of this has been achieved for the most part by word of mouth, a clear indication of the growing interest here.
We’ve got a nice lineup of presenters covering different parts of the stack:
- Chmouel Boudjnah (Rackspace): Compute, Storage
- Arturo Suárez (StackOps): How to Create an OpenStack Powered Service Provider in 30 Days
- Roy Amir, (Alcatel Lucent): OpenStack Quantum - Network as a Service
- Zohar Alon (Dom9): Overview the Security Controls Built into OpenStack
- Samuel Bercovici (Radware): Cloud Load Balancing and Application Delivery Control (ADC) Services in OpenStack
- Uri Cohen (GigaSpaces), Camuel Gilyadov (ZeroVM): PaaS and Big Data on Openstack
- Alex Glikson (IBM), OpenStack-Based Cloud Hosting Infrastructure
Shlomo Swidler will be leading two panel discussions, during the first discussion we’ll review the shift toward Open Source in the cloud and the effect of that move on the cloud industry. In the second panel we’ll try to predict some future directions and trends we expect for OpenStack.
I would also like to take this opportunity and welcome our distinguished guests from Rackspace, IBM and StackOps:
- Mac Devine, Director and CTO, Portfolio and SO Offering Management, Global Technology Services, IBM Distinguished Engineer
- Chmouel Boudjnah Principal Engineer at Rackspace Hosting
- Arturo Suárez Co-founder of StackOps Technologies
During the event we reserved a slot for lightning talks - If you have an interesting story you'll have the chance to share it during the event.
Anyway this event is going to be a kickoff for a series of meetups around OpenStack that is planned throughout the year. We'd appreciate any help in this regard, so if you have suggestion for a meetup this is your chance.
I would like to finish up with special thanks to Marc Coollier and Luaren Sell from Rackspace who's been very instrumental and supportive throughout this process. We wouldn't have been able to pull this off without their close help.